125 N. Myrtle Avenue
The north 70 feet of Lot 8 was purchased by John J. Renaker in 1889 from the owner of the Monroe Subdivision, William N. Monroe. At the time, the land was valued at $150 and the house he had built on it was valued at $800. John Renaker ran a mortuary with his two sons, Charles Taylor and Leslie Morton, and his wife Elizabeth Stewart Renaker. The sons lived in the house until they married,. John Renaker died in 1904, and Elizabeth continued to live at 125 N. Myrtle until continued to live in the house until around 1926 when she moved into the apartment above her family's mortuary on the northeast corner of South Myrtle and East Lime Avenues.