131 E. Lime Ave,
James Elam Hunter purchased Lot 20 in 1888. The size of the Lot was 50 x 100 feet and backed on to an alley. No value was given in 1888, but in 1889, it was valued at $150. Tax records show the property bouncing among Hunter, J.E. Coffin (a merchant from Whittier) and Sherman Smith, losing value steadily, until Anna Kate Collins bought it in 1904 and built a house valued at $850 on it.
However, the permit records at City Hall show two permits for July 1921, one for a house and another for a garage. The contractors are Book & Anderson. Adding to the confusion is the 1920 census record, which shows Kate Collins and her daughter living at a house at 131 N. Myrtle Avenue. Possibly Kate had major changes done in the 1904 house and that accounts for the permits in 1921.
As can be seen by the Sanborn map, the house had a small front porch, a back porch for doing laundry, and a small bay window on the east side of the house. It is likely that the house had three bedrooms as the 1920 census, there are three people living in the house: a boarder, Kate Collins, and her daughter Catherine.
In 1921 there are two permits, one for a house and another for a garage. The second house is very small and has the address of 131 1/2. The one-car garage is at northeast corner of the property next to the alley.
There is no demolition permit, but it is likely the house came down in the early 1950s when other houses on the block were torn down for a parking lot.