top of page
In 1887, John S. Keefer bought 20 acres of property, which was located in Lot 70 of Elias J. Baldwin’s Santa Anita Tract. He subdivided it, and named it J.S. Keefers’s Oak Grove #2. No subdivision map exists of Oak Grove Subdivision #2.
In 1889, Linda Dorland, wife of former mayor of Monrovia Chester P. Dorland , purchased a number of acres within that subdivision. The 1890 tax records show that the Dorlands owned 32 of the 42 lots listed as Oak Grove 2 Subdivision. By 1891, C.P. Dorland and his wife Linda owned 68 of the 104 lots in the Oak Grove 2 Subdivision, and in 1893, Dorland had his property re-platted as the Dorland Tract.
bottom of page